Sat, 06 Jul|
Tir Na Nog Holistic Centre
SHAMANIC DRUMMING CIRCLE
NO EXPERIENCE IS NEEDED. Children are welcome only if fully supervised by their parents and only if they are not disruptive to the rest of the group.
Time & Location
06 Jul 2024, 15:30 – 16:30
Tir Na Nog Holistic Centre, Balfron Station, Glasgow G63 0NF, UK
About the event
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO READ BELOW:
- This is a free event, but donations are always welcome to cover the cost of travel from the Highlands and back. Donations can be made via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org or by cash on the day :)
- The spaces are limited to 20 people.
- If for any reason you are not able to attend, please let me know well in advance, so your space can be given to somebody else
- This Shamanic Drumming circle will be held at the Wood Workshop. Please refer to the official map for the festival
SHAMANIC DRUMMING CIRCLE
Shamanic drumming, as distinguished from other types of drumming, usually refers to the use of sustained, repetitive drumming rhythms. Shamanic drumming uses a repetitive rhythm that begins slowly and then gradually builds in intensity to a tempo of three to seven beats per second. The ascending tempo will induce light to deep trance states, and facilitate the shamanic techniques of journeying, shapeshifting, and divination. Ever since our ancestors beat on hollowed-out logs and stretched animal skins over wooden hoops, these instruments have been a major part of cultures. From the Sami to the Siberian shamans the drumbeat has led us into song, dance, and journeys through the worlds.
Drumming is beneficial for:
- Deeper self-awareness
- Your health
- Spiritual growth and insight
- Bringing community together
- Bringing deep joy to your heart
In the sacred space, we create for each gathering, we follow in the footsteps of our ancestors and:
- create a beautiful ceremony to honor the particular time of the year
- learn about the ancient traditions and folklore
- explore how the turning of the wheel of the year can support our personal and spiritual growth
- take a shamanic journey to tap into the wisdom of your guides
Come and reclaim the lost power of your voice through the connection with Nature and the drum. Permit yourself to heal the broken pieces of your being, and awaken your awareness of the beauty around you and within you. Enjoy the sacred time with the community by supporting one another in these challenging times. This is the time to meet your spirit guides and ancestors. This is the time to grow your roots deep into the Earth, so that you may stand strong and find courage and love in your heart to move forward in life.
- PLEASE BRING AN ITEM YOU CAN PUT ON THE ALTAR FOR HEALING THAT YOU WILL TAKE AWAY AT THE END OF THIS EVENT. Suggested items: stones, feathers, corn, or something biodegradable that you can either gift to the Earth afterward or place in your own alter at home
- Arrive 10min early
- You are welcome to bring any musical instruments that you have and would like to use during the circle: Drums, rattles, shakers, other percussion instruments, guitar, and more…
- If you don't have any Shamanic drums or other musical instruments, please don't worry as some will be provided by me that you are welcome to use during this circle
- A cushion for those who may have back pain
- Please sign the registration form when you book your space
I’m a dedicated Holistic and Shamanic Kambo Practitioner, an artist of sacred/ceremonial tools, and the owner of two beautiful Huskies, Orion, and Taiga. I love empowering patients to understand their bodies and discover the gentle power of natural healing. I enjoy being able to provide alternative medicine while providing a safe and nurturing atmosphere in which to heal. My spiritual journey is often filled with lots of pain due to being a deeply emphatic soul and it is through this pain that I can feel much compassion to the world around me.
- I completed 3 years of Shamanic training with the Edinburgh Shamanic Centre in Edinburgh in November 2021
- I am also a qualified Kambo Practitioner and completed my training with Kambo Naturista in Peru, in 2019.
- I completed the Therapeutic Sound Certificate course with the Soundsphere in April 2022.
PLEASE READ THE CONSENT FORM BELOW:
I look forward to seeing you
Blessings dear One
- Ticket type
SHAMANIC DRUMMING CIRCLESale ends: 05 Jul, 21:05
05 Jul, 21:05
We meet together to bathe in the spirit of the drum. Together we will journey into the landscapes of our ancestors, to connect with the timeless wisdom that still rolls over these hills and whispers through the forests.Price£0.00